Ok, everyone. It's now officially December! How did you do with the 30 Days to Get Ready for Christmas challenge?
I had a long list of things I wanted to do in November so that I would have much less to do in December. Of course I didn't get to everything on my list. I never do. I'm much more organized on paper than I am in real life!
I'm happy with what I did manage to accomplish, though.
- We are well-stocked on gift wrapping supplies.
- I've made great headway on the gift buying. My goal is to be finished with all of the shopping that I need to do in an actual store by the end of this week and finished any Amazon shopping by the end of next week. One of these years I will actually be totally finished shopping by December 1st!
- The house is almost completely decorated. The only thing left is my china closet. Most years (but not every year), I empty it completely and fill it with Christmas decorations. I have been debating whether or not I'm going to bother. I finally decided that I will, so that is the first task on my agenda today while the boys are at school!
- I've decided I'm probably only going to make chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookie cut-outs this year. They are the only ones my boys care about. Plus, my dad makes about ten different types of cookies each year and shares with us!
- I've planned out a few easy dinners for this month. I want to work on making healthier meals for us, but that can wait until January.
This will likely be my only Monday post before Christmas. I'm going to cut back on the blogging this month to enjoy all of the Christmas preparations. But, be sure to stop back every Friday for a special treat. This Friday, I'll be sharing one of my dad's favorite cookie recipes. You won't want to miss it!
How did you do with the 30 Days to Get Ready for Christmas challenge?